Included in the guide:
- How to design and setup toolpaths using the online program Easel
- How the X-Carve CNC works
- Easel and X-Carve general workflow
- Using Carbide Create to setup toolpaths for the Nomad 883
- Loading G-Code into Carbide Motion and Nomad 883 workflow
Ready to challenge yourself? Try taking on these projects to see how much you know. You can always check out Instructables for inspiration as well.
Operation and Safety Test
Passing the test is required before you use the CNC in the DTech Lab. Check out the CNC "do and don't" page before you take the quiz.
- Giant sign for school / DTech
- Make large furniture by milling smaller pieces that fit together. All house members must design and cut one component
- Themed toys for young children. All house members make at least one part.
- Puzzle toys
- Play blocks
A youtube video series that walks you through how CNC works and the general setup. A good place to start if you are a total newbie to CNC.
Great makers to follow if you want to make trendy / hipster objects using 3D printers or CNC. A little bit corny at times, but they use the same machines that we have in our lab (X-carve and Lulzbot).